If you love salted caramel, you'll love this blog post because we are sharing our recipe for the salted caramel that we use in our very own brownies.
The salted caramel brownies are one of our most popular flavours on the website, and who can blame you all for loving them, they are delicious after all (if we do say so ourselves).
The recipe is very simple, all you need is sugar, dairy free spread, salt and canned coconut milk.
90g Dairy Free Spread
120ml Coconut Milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Measure out all the ingredients so you have them to hand before you start making the salted caramel.
2. Melt the sugar in a saucepan on medium heat, stirring constantly, the sugar will form clumps and eventually dissolve.
3. Once the sugar has dissolved completely, add the dairy free spread be careful as the sugar will splatter when this happens. Stir until all the dairy free spread has dissolved into the sugar mixture.
4. Slowly pour in the coconut milk, stirring as you do so, once you have added all the coconut milk allow the mixture to boil for 1-2 minutes.
5. Remove from the heat and stir in the salt
6. Allow the salted caramel to cool down before using.
You can store the salted caramel in an airtight container/clip jar and keep it in the fridge where it will keep well for 3-5 days.
Now you can enjoy this delicious salted caramel and use it as a condiment for all the sweet treats your heart desires!